Thursday, August 27, 2009

Enjoy the Ride!

Hey there fellow gamers and non-gamers alike,

My name is Patrick and I'm a Game Design student studying at Swinburne University in Australia. I love games. I mean seriously love them. They're only second to my lovely partner Ann who helped me set up this blog. Thank you Ann! But anyway, nothing brings me together with a stranger more than playing or talking about games. Half-way through 2008 I decided this was my passion and dropped out of my boring Arts course at Monash and begun to study as a Game Design student full time. It was a huge decision for me! I mean, how many game developers are there in Australia? I know now, but back then, I hadn't a clue.

One year through my course and I've taken in so much. Swinburne has exposed me to the many facets of games and how they should and shouldn't be designed. I dare say I have quite a bit more knowledge on design theories than most professionals working in the industry today.

And that is what I plan to bring to you dear reader! Reviews and News brought to you by a student invested with the knowledge of one of the leading Game Design courses in Australia (check out Good Games feature on design courses)

So enough of the personal stuff! Lets get the ball rolling!

2 comments: